Prof. Gianluca Fiorentini
Gianluca Fiorentini (D.Phil. Oxford) is Professor of Public Economics at Bologna since 2000. Currently, he serves as Dean of the School of Economics, Director of the Master in Law and Economics in Bologna, and co-ordinator of the European Doctorate in Law and Economics. He is Director of the School of Health Policies and member of the Steering Committee of the Research Hospital at the University of Bologna and of the Editorial Board of the review of the National Agency of Health Services. He has been appointed in various Advisory Groups set up by Ministries and Regulatory Agencies on health and social policies and by the Italian Antitrust Authority.
BOCLE’s themes of research: Industrial organization and competition policy, Regulation, public economics, and health economics
Recent Representative publications
- Health services in Italy, (editor of the series and author), il Mulino, Bologna, 2000- .
- con M. Lippi Bruni, C. Ugolini, “Health systems and health reform in Europe: the case of Italy, Intereconomics – Review of European Economic Policy, 2008.
- Waiting times and output volumes: the impact of guidelines for eco-doppler diagnostic tests, Politiche Sanitarie, 2007, (with E. Antonazzo, L. Casolari, R. Grilli).
- An econometric analysis of the willingness to pay to insure the long-term care risks, Politica Economica, 2004 (with R. Brau, M. Lippi Bruni, A. Pinna).
- An economic analysis of plea bargaining: the incentives of the parties in a mixed penal system, International Review of Law and Economics, 2000, (with N. Boari).
- “Public and private organizations in the new welfare: the regulation of nonprofit bodies, il Mulino, 2000.
click here to contact Prof. Fiorentini