Giacomo Calzolari (PhD Toulouse) is Professor of Economics at Bologna University and research affiliate at CEPR London. He received the European Economic Association Young Economist Award in 2002. He is a member of the steering committee of the Italian Association of Competition Economics. He is associate Editor of the International Journal of Industrial Organization.
BOCLE’s themes of research: Industrial organization and competition policy, Regulation, public economics, and health economics
Recent Representative publications
- Calzolari G. G. Barba Navaretti,, M. Levi, A. F. Pozzolo Multinational Banking in Europe: Financial Stability and Regulatory Implications Lessons from the Financial Crisis, ECONOMIC POLICY, forthcoming 2010
- Calzolari, G., G. Loranth Regulation of Multinational Banks: A Theoretical Inquiry, JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION, forthcoming 2010
- Calzolari, G., A. Pavan Truthful Revelation Mechanisms for Simultaneous Common Agency Games, AMERICAN ECONOMIC JOURNAL: MICROECONOMICS, Volume 2, Number 2, May 2010 , pp. 132-190(59)
- Calzolari, G., Scarpa, C. Footloose monopolies: regulating a "national champion", JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT STRATEGY vol. 18(4), pages 1179-1214, December 2009
- Calzolari, G., A. Pavan Sequential Contracting with Multiple Principals, JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC THEORY, vol. 144(2), pages 503-531, March 2009
Calzolari, G., A. Pavan On the Validity of Menu Theorems in Sequential Common Agency GAMES AND ECONOMIC BEHAVIOR Volume 64, Issue 1, September 2008, Pages 329-334
- Export restraints in a model of trade with capital accumulation, forthcoming in Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control (with Luca Lambertini).
- Monopoly with Resale, RAND Journal of Economics, 2006, 37 (2) (with Alessandro Pavan).
- On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting, 2006, Journal of Economic Theory, 130 (1) (with Alessandro Pavan).
- Hormone Beefs, Chlorinated Chickens and International Trade, 2005, European Economic Review, 49 (1), 145-172 (with G. Immordino).
- Incentive Regulation of Multinational Enterprises, 2004, International Economic Review, 45 (1), 257-282.
click here to contact Prof. Giacomo Calzolari